Scion recently invited MOCO LOCO out to California to try out their new city car, the iQ. Contributing editor Ryan Heiser spent an afternoon with Scion team and the micro-subcompact – here’s his notebook. Captions below for pictures, from left to right. More at Scion iQ.
1. Double Double Animal Style with Fries. No trip to California is complete without an In-N-Out burger.
2. Got lots of looks driving the iQ. Maybe it was that two 6 foot men were driving a micro-sized purple car, or maybe the iQ is just that cool.
3. I loved seeing the ‘car culture’ of southern California. Found this old Karmann Ghia sitting on the street in Manhattan Beach.
4. Manhattan Beach from the pier. Pretty nice.
5. Nice abstract water wall outside the Shade. Seems Manhattan Beach is filled with public art.
6. One of the greeters at the Shade Hotel. Great place!
7. Scion prides themselves on customization and uniqueness. This iQ wears mods from SoCal design studio Five Axis.
8. The iQ admiring the Pacific.
9. The iQ is classified as a ‘micro-subcompact.’ Here’s one of the founding members of the segment.
10. To my surprise and delight, Jose Cuervo was holding the Pro Beach Volleyball Tournament just blocks from the Scion event.
11. Tons of cool contemporary architecture in Manhattan Beach. The color really pops on this block, and check out that lamp!
12. Took the iQ out joyriding in the mountains and wound up with this amazing view.