Online magazine Sight Unseen is launching Sight Unseen OFFSITE, a brand new design fair that will run from May 16 – 20, 2014 concurrently with the International Contemporary Furniture Fair, and is a featured project of the citywide festival NYCxDESIGN.
“Sight Unseen OFFSITE will maintain the same spirit as the Noho Design District – a satellite design exhibition initiated and curated by Sight Unseen founders Jill Singer and Monica Khemsurov, which ran from 2010 to 2013 – but on an even more ambitious scale. The fair will be held over two floors at 200 Lafayette, a 17,000 square-foot landmarked Soho building located at one of downtown’s most vibrant intersections.
Showcasing a curated selection of furniture and product launches by independent designers and forward-thinking brands, Sight Unseen OFFSITE will continue the former Noho Design District’s reputation as New York design week’s most exciting platform for new ideas and talents.
The lineup for Sight Unseen OFFSITE is set to include the following highlights:
- The launch of a new series of artist-designed dining tables by New York gallery Grey Area
- A series of pop-up shops, including a ceramics shop curated by Su Wu of the popular blog I’m Revolting, a papier-mâché plant store by Brooklyn artists Chiaozza, an Enzo Mari furniture workshop by Pablo Alabau, and shops by housewares brand Field and everyday object purveyor Kiosk
- Presentations of new work by more than 20 of the best independent American design talents as chosen by Sight Unseen, including Fredericks & Mae, Ladies & Gentlemen Studio, Knauf & Brown, Eric Trine, The Principals, Rosie Li, DAMM Design and more
- A Sight Unseen x Calico Wallpaper prop-styling photo booth, where visitors can style their own photo shoot using a mix of vintage pieces and objects from the show
- A food and drinks canteen curated by the online food and design magazine Mold”
Material Lust, Alchemy Table, 2014
DAMM Design, Theorem, 2014
Eric Trine, Rod+Weave Chair, 2014
The Principals, Brancusi Studies, 2014
Ladies & Gentlemen Studio, Table Light, 2014
Studio Visibility, Utility Mirror, 2014
Knauf & Brown, Table Lamp, 2014