“Now in its eighth iteration, the new IKEA PS collection offers a range of pieces for every room in the home, with lightweight materials, bright colors and multifunctional design woven throughout. Pieces of the collection – which range from seating to dishes, lighting to plant stands, and tables to storage units – are designed for flexibility and movability in order to adapt to the evolving needs of urban dwellers looking to live more simply and do more in the space they have.
The collection was inspired by homes – and homeowners – that are in constant motion. According to a global survey commissioned by IKEA, nearly 60 percent of American city dwellers, aged 18-29, desire to move within the next two years.
IKEA worked with young-minded designers from all over the world to bring the beautiful and functional collection to life. Some examples of how the creators of the IKEA PS 2014 collection used smart design to create smart solutions include:
- Corner cabinets that take advantage of the space in every corner of your home – literally!
- A side table with built-in lighting and magazine racks.
- A standing wall shelf with knobs perfect for holding jewelry, bags and more.
- A pendant lamp whose light can be adjusted to fit any mood or task.
- A wardrobe whose external design can be personalized to fit your style.
IKEA PS (meaning Post Scriptum) is the design statement of IKEA, first launched in 1995, which puts focus on cutting edge modern Scandinavian furniture design without losing sight of what makes IKEA unique – affordable, quality design for the many people. IKEA launches a new IKEA PS line approximately every three years.” ikea.com